How to Sell Books at Any Stage: The 2023 BK Book Marketing Workshop
April 19–21, 2023
Learn how to sell more books, wherever you are in the publishing process.
Our three-day online workshop covers what to do pre-launch to build your platform and audience, during launch to make the biggest splash possible, and post-launch to continue expanding your reach and sales.
Register for one, two, or all three days, depending on what fits your needs!
Thank you to everyone who attended our workshop! We had three fantastic days of instruction, connection, and learning.
If you registered for the workshop and want to access recordings and presentation slides, go to our Attendee Portal:
If you want to purchase recordings of the sessions, you can do so here:
Get Ready to Sell Your Book—At Every Stage of the Process!
It is never too early to start selling your book—even when you are still writing it.
And it is never too late to reach new customers—even decades after your book hit the shelves.
The 2023 BK Nonfiction Book Marketing Workshop is a three-day online event designed to help authors sell more books, no matter where they are in the publishing process:
- New authors still writing their manuscripts and submitting proposals
- Signed authors preparing to launch their book into the world
- Seasoned authors seeking to boost sales on their existing titles
You can choose which days of our three-day workshop to buy and attend, allowing you to customize our workshop exactly to your needs.
Day 1: Build Your Message and Audience
Wednesday, April 19
Learn how to:
- Identify your core audience and hone your message
- Plan your book so you have cheerleaders ready to promote it
- Grow the backbone of your marketing: your email list
- Develop a social media strategy that fits your needs, your brand, and your audience
- Use software tools to manage it all
Day 2: Launch Your Book
Thursday, April 20
Learn how to:
- Build a book launch team and launch your book
- Grow momentum through book reviews
- Obtain international book sales and foreign language editions
- Hire a publicity firm and leverage mass media
- Drive interest in your book by generously giving away much of your content for free
Day 3: Expand Your Reach and Impact
Friday, April 21
Learn how to:
- Market your book on Instagram
- Run Amazon ads that actually work
- Scale your thought leadership beyond your book
- Amplify your message through public speaking
- Reach new markets through online reader communities
Buy one day, two days, or the whole package!
Registration includes year-long access to the session recordings for the days you purchase.
Why the BK Marketing Workshop Is Unique:
- We focus exclusively on nonfiction. Most book marketing events serve both fiction and nonfiction authors. We focus specifically on how to market nonfiction books with a message: books on business innovation, personal development, social change, and organizational improvement.
- We focus on published or soon-to-be-published authors. Many workshops focus heavily on the process of getting published (query letters, pitches, etc.) and not on what you need to do after you sign the publishing contract to build an audience, sell books long-term, and make a lasting impact with your message.
- We’re online but still interactive. Forget the hassle of travel, hotel lodging, and parking. But also forget staring at a pre-recorded video series. Our workshop is packed with time to discuss ideas in small groups, brainstorm, receive feedback, and ask questions.
- We offer a network of support. BK Authors is a close-knit group of nonfiction authors with activities year-round. At our workshop, you can develop friendships with other authors who can help hold you accountable and actively support your book marketing efforts.
- We provide breadth of expertise. This workshop isn’t one author’s “secret formula” (that only works for them). Instead, our speakers come from a variety of companies and represent a wide range of experts, including bestselling authors, publishing professionals, publicity agents, marketing strategists, and social media managers.
Financial-needs scholarships are available to Berrett-Koehler authors for 2024. Learn more.
Interested in becoming a sponsor for 2024? See information on sponsorship opportunities.
April 19, 2023
April 20, 2023
April 21, 2023
You can buy the recordings for one day, two days, or all three days.
Recordings will be available through April 22, 2024.
Already registered? Go to our Attendee Portal to access the recordings.